This post gives several tips for writing a blog. First of all, it is best to keep in mind that you are not writing technical information like for an organizational website or some annual report. In fact, most blogs should be written like a conversation in easy to read and understand text that reader will understand and can easily relate to. Here are 7 Tips when writing posts and creating content for a blog:
Writing a blog requires (depending on your niche) research, and of course planning for each individual article. A good article to look at is here.Here are 7 Tips when writing posts and creating content for a blog:
- Get right to the point and keep postings short. Remember, the attention span of your audience is very short.
- In your posts, answer questions, including who, what, where, when, why and how, related to whatever topics you’re writing about.
- Use a conversational and friendly tone, but be professional. Never use profanity.
- Use short sentences that don’t contain overly complicated words. Always keep your audience in mind, and write using language and vocabulary they’ll understand.
- Keep paragraphs to two or three sentences each, and utilize plenty of white space on the screen to avoid clutter and make the content look more presentable.
- Don’t overuse different type styles, like bold, italic or underlined text. This can be distracting. Use a font that’s easy to read, too. Make sure that the text appears large enough so it’s easy to view on any size screen. Never use a font size that’s smaller than 10 points.
- Whenever possible, use photos and graphics to reduce the amount of text in a blog entry and help tell a story or demonstrate a key point.
Writing a blog, not only informs your audience of the main topics related to your niche but also helps you continue to improve and develop through the feedback from your audience. Of course, there are many others points I could include, but I’m only going to offer these here. Sign up for my Newsletter and be sure to get The Bold Blog Guide to receive more valuable information.
**Lori| The Bold Blog**